Tamworth Football Club Supporters Code of Conduct
Tamworth Football Club is an inclusive, family-friendly football club and committed to ensuring the Compare the Build Community Stadium at The Lamb provides a safe, welcoming environment for all visitors.
When purchasing a ticket and visiting the ground, you are agreeing to comply with our Supporter Code of Conduct and Ground Regulations.
The club will not tolerate unacceptable and anti-social behaviour at the Compare the Build Community Stadium or any other football stadium where Tamworth FC are playing.
We expect all supporters to behave in a responsible manner and conduct themselves in a way that represents our values as a community club.
Unacceptable conduct is:
· Conduct considered to be violent or disorderly. Violent conduct includes any actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against any person, or intentional damage to property.’
Disorderly conduct includes:
· That which is designed to create hatred or ill will towards individuals or groups based on their gender, colour, race or religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
· The use of threatening or abusive language or conduct, displaying anything which is threatening, abusive or insulting.
Please respect your fellow supporters, club staff, stewards, Police, and volunteers, and always follow the instructions of police, stewards, and club officials.
Do not encroach onto the pitch. This is an offence and anyone doing so will be ejected and issued with a club ban.
The club operates a zero-tolerance policy on the use of pyrotechnics and illegal drugs. The club will take strong action against anyone identified carrying or using these articles.
Do not bring prohibited items into the stadium. This includes alcohol, flares, glass bottles, cans, air horns, laser devices, and any other items listed within the Stadium Regulations.
Be considerate when using social media. Abusing others is wholly unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Anyone who uses language of a racist, xenophobic or discriminatory nature is indulging in unacceptable conduct and will face further action from the club.
In respect of any individual who is guilty of a football-related offence or is in breach of the Ground Regulations either at the Compare the Build Community Stadium or when visiting other grounds, the club will take appropriate action. Any action which is deemed serious enough will be reported to the Police for investigation.
Such action is likely to include -
● Refusal of entry to, or ejection from the stadium followed by a written warning.
● Temporary and/or indefinite club or Football Banning Order from attending Tamworth FC home and away fixtures.
● Reporting to the police potentially resulting in criminal proceedings leading to banning orders for all matches and/or custodial sentences.
● It is recognised that the action taken will be relevant to each individual case and we work closely with Staffordshire Police to share and collate information regarding any supporters involved in unacceptable conduct and behaviour at both home and away fixture.
The Public Order Act 1986 and Football Spectators Act 1989 states that public order offences can be deemed to have been committed:
(a) During a period relevant to a football match at any premises while the offender was at, or was entering or leaving or trying to enter or leave, the premises;
(b) On a journey to or from a football match and the court makes a declaration that the offence related to football matches; or
(c) During a period relevant to a football match and the court makes a declaration that the offence related to that match;
The club reserves the right to amend the Supporters Code of Conduct and/or Ground Regulations.
All changes will be available to view on our club website.