Kings Langley  v  Tamworth

Sat 11 Feb - 15:00 Southern League Premier Central

Kings Langley

Kings Langley




Match Report

Following the 3-0 midweek reversal at home to Stourbridge, Tamworth made their first ever trip to Kings Langley’s Hempstead Road ground looking to get back to winning ways and maintain their top of the table spot.

Andy Peaks made one change to the starting line-up with Ben Milnes returning and taking the captains armband as Alex Bradley dropped to the bench.

Tamworth got the game underway attacking the clubhouse end of the friendly and functional village ground and when Berman kicked out of play on 1, Curley’s throw was whipped in and Dolman got his head onto the ball and forced the keeper to protect his far post without too much trouble.
Fairlamb forced a left sided corner on 5 and buoyed on by the travelling faithful Cockerill-Mollett jumped to head towards goal and it took a touch of a defender in front of him and out for a repeat corner which Curley got his head onto, but Bearman caught it on the line.
Kings Langley responded with a quick break and Georgiou struck low but Fairlamb put himself in the way and The Lambs weathered the attack.
Fairlamb got the better of his marker on 12 and whipped a dangerous ball into the box but the flag ruled out the corner which had looked to be heading for Creaney.
News travelled round that both Leiston and Coalville were a goal down, as Finn struck low at Berman with a shot that he perhaps didn’t expect to get a chance at.
Berman tipped the ball around the post from Milnes run and shot from the edge of the area on 15 and it landed at the feet of Cockerill-Mollett who struck it first time on target, but Berman was in the right place to pluck it out of the air, before going down with an injury that required treatment.
Creaney and Fairlamb combined down the left to force a corner on 20 and Creaney’s shot was cleared away and in the next move McKeown made a surging run into the area from the right wing, but caught the heels of Johnson before taking the ball out of play.
He was then upended on the left to set up Milnes with the deadball on 24 and from Cockerill-Mollett’s far post header, despite Willets best intentions, Berman smothered it before it could cross the line.
At the other end, a foul on Sole set up the home side with a freekick to the right of the D and despite the ball going through to Georgiou his cross was headed high and wide from a few yards in front of the near post by home captain Johnson.
The Lambs attacked and Milnes corner on 32 kept the ball in the final third for a while but neither they, nor their hosts when they pushed forwards, could string enough together to test the keeper.
Creaney was adjudged to be offside again on 41 when Fairlamb crossed from the left but it was a tight decision, and his header dropped for Berman to take, then a shot at the other end from Sole forced Singh into his first real stop of the game.
Finn and Milnes picked up the ball on the edge of the area on 43 and it trickled through for Creaney but he was definitely offside when he shaped to shoot from 8 yards and when the flag went up the assistant on the line received a well-received round of sarcastic applause from the Lambs fans on the terracing!
Fairlamb’s low ball into the near post for McKeown on 45 was turned behind for a corner on the left and it eventually came back to Cockerill-Mollett but his shot was straight at the keeper meaning the first half ended goalless.

HT 0-0

The home side restarted proceedings but it was Fairlamb that forced them to concede a corner early on and Milnes sent the ball long forcing Kings Langley to clear their lines and defend in numbers in the early exchanges.
McKeown was prevent from taking a shot form the right of the D on 51, so Finn sent the corner into the area but the whistle halted play, and he got another chance on 55 when a similar move resulted in a similar corner and he received the ball back and drove it to Dolman on the opposite side of the area who fired it into the area. And it popped up for Cockerill-Mollett who managed to get two quick touches but wasn’t able to direct it over Berman and his final touch dropped the ball on top of the goalnet and left him needing treatment from a knock.
McKeown picked up the ball again on 62 but again saw his shot deflected over and wide of the far post for a flagkick and when Milnes went down under a soft challenge in the area there referee waved it away.
A low cross from Cockerill-Mollett evaded absolutely everyone as it whizzed through the area on 64 and from a Lambs attack primarily through Fairlamb’s efforts down the left the home midfield responded and Dolman was forced to block a shot from Sole giving Lafleur the corner on the right which only allowed the Kings Langley to continue to press and Lafleur saw his shot intercepted by Curley. McKeown brought Sole down in the left channel but the freekick came to nothing from Georgiou’s long range effort and both sides made a change or two.
And sub Deacon went down under a challenge in the area on 73, bringing shouts from the Lambs fans behind Berman’s goal, but there was no penalty shout on the field and Curley’s throw was flicked on by Creaney and dropped onto the head of Dolman who pulled of a fine one handed save to deny him.
Milnes was unable to continue so was replaced by Bradley and the midfielder put a freekick into the area but a foul prevented Creaney’s goal from standing.
In the next move the ball was played into the box and Light caught Deacon on the edge of the area and although both players went down and required treatment, the referee pointed straight to the spot and set up Creaney with the penalty who made no mistake from the spot to make it 33 goals for the season (0-1, 80 mins)
A long ball upfield from Deacon was taken down by Fairlamb on 87 and he turned his defender to get a strike at Berman, but The Lambs were stunned when the home side burst upfield and equalised through Georgiou’s curling shot from within an acre of space in the box after Keller pulled the ball back for him to pick his spot and beat Singh at his far post (1-1, 89 mins) and despite a last push forward by both sides in the seven minutes of additional time, a point a piece was the final result.

Kings Langley
Berman, Chambers-Parillon, Lafleur, Galliford, Johnson (c.), Light, Keller, Clarke (Feyi 70), De Carvalho (Danso 90), Georgiou, Sole (Bessadi 70)
Subs: Tokarczyk, Macnab

Singh, Curley, Cockerill-Mollett, Mussa (c.), Willets, Dolman, McKeown, Milnes (Bradley 75), Creaney, Finn (Deacon 71), Fairlamb
Subs: Jones, Hart, Cater
YC: none

Referee: Mr. Tom Hood
Assistants: Mr. Emmanuel Unuafe, Mr. Peter Creagh

Att: 253

Our Headline Sponsors

Our Sponsors

National League Sponsors