Bromsgrove Sporting  v  Tamworth

Tue 9 Nov - 19:45 Southern League Premier Central

Bromsgrove Sporting

Bromsgrove Sporting




Match Report

The Lambs were on the road for a fourth time, still recoiling from the last minute winner at Barwell at the weekend, with a trip to the Victoria Ground to take on the Rouslers.

Tamworth made two changes to the side that ran out at Kirby Road as Lucas Yeomans was unavailable and Martin Riley returned to the side in centre back. In midfield Charlie Shaw took a place on the bench for Aaron Forde who started the game alongside former Bromsgrove players Mikey Taylor and Shaq McDonald.

After a dip in form, Sporting had sacked their manager Brendan Kelly a few games prior to the midweek encounter and responded with two wins and a draw for Graham Scott and one time Tamworth player, Gavin Hurren. Former Lamb Connor Taylor started for the home side while Joel Kettle sat out through suspension.

In days gone by when Sporting were Rovers, the game would be green (and white) against red, but it was red against green as the home side kicked off attacking the open end of the ground and Tamworth kicked uphill.
After weathering an early flurry from Bromsgrove, Tamworth advanced and Forde struck right footed from 25 yards but was unable to get his shot on target.
A lofted high ball out of defence off the boot of Pendley flew down to the opposition box on 11, but Taylor as beaten to it by keeper Onodi and Singh was called into action on 13, leaving his area to head the ball away from danger and release Waite, but the resulting cross from the left was too long for McDonald at the far post.
The Lambs did take the lead on 16, and it came via a long speculative ball from Thomas into the box from the left wing which bent over the top of Onodi and nestled into the top right corner (1-0, 16 mins).
Thomas nearly turned provider for Waite on 18, with a sprayed ball to the edge of the area but the flag denied him doing anything other than control the ball before play was halted.
Thomas hit a similar effort to the one which brought the opening goal, on 24, but from the opposite side and Onodi was equal to it this time.
The Lambs perhaps should have doubled their lead on the half hour but when Waite received the ball after good work down on the left byline, he screwed his shot high over the covered stand behind the goal.
And as if to make the point even more Bromsgrove took the ball downfield and Masidi fired a volley just wide of the mark.
Beswick released McDonald via a one two with Taylor on the half way on 35 which he took to the edge of the box before a block handed The Lambs a corner on the right which Beswick swung into the box but it was cleared towards the half way line, and for the third time in the game Thomas seemed to forge an intentional looping effort on Onodi’s goal, and only just missed the target as the ball dropped over the bar.
Sporting were forced to make an early change as the first half drew to a close and this spurred the home side on although The Lambs defence held strong and pushed their hosts back, preserving the one goal advantage to the half time whistle.

HT 0-1

The Lambs restarted proceedings and almost immediately a freekick was awarded allowing Beswick to step up and send the ball just over the target, with Onodi in full flight.
On 49, a shot from Thomas took a deflection past Taylor and out for a corner on the left and Bromsgrove broke from it, through Masidi down the left. His cross was blocked by Riley and forced a corner on the same side.
After a corner for The Lambs on 52, Sporting broke to the other end and forced an equaliser following the run of Molyneux into the right of the box and his drilled low ball was turned home by Taylor from close range (1-1, 55 mins)
Bloomer let fly with a right footed strike from 30 yards on 57 which Singh dropped to smother on the line, and on 62 Dugmore chipped a cross from the right for Molyneux to head goalward and he was denied only by Singh’s palm onto the crossbar.
Tamworth made two changes on 65 adding some fresh legs to the midfield and up front and it nearly paid off on 69 when Shaw sent the ball into the box and onto the head of Riley, but his effort went into the side netting.
At the other end on 76, Sporting whipped a ball into the box and it was headed behind for a right sided corner which was taken short although Jones got a boot in and took the play quickly to Onodi’s end with a threaded pass through for Cox.
Shaw was presented with a golden chance on 80 but sidefooted his shot from 18 yards over the bar and Waite then headed a cross from the left into the arms of Onodi on 82.
The home side were showing great determination and belief and forced another corner on the right on 86 which was headed over by Maisdi.
Waite made way for Tait on 86 in one final throw of the dice and Shaw’s ball through for Jones was put behind for a corner on the left which was in turn put behind for one on the opposite side and Beswick’s ball was headed behind by Molyneux.
The third flag kick in succession was short but worked back into the box and Pendley’s late challenge on Bloomer earned him a late booking.
Into added time Shaw played Wilder through into the box and another corner resulted which Pendley headed down but Jones was unable to turn his shot, with his back to goal, on target in the final action of the game, and the points were shared.

Singh, Cox, Wilder, Beswick (c.), Pendley, Riley, McDonald, Forde (Shaw 65), Taylor (Jones 65), Thomas, Waite (Tait 86)
Subs: Cockerill-Mollett, Howkins

YC: Pendley 90

Onodi, Dugmore, Bloomer, Hayward, Mace, Cole, Pais, Masidi, Brown (Molyneux 38), Taylor, Ebbutt (Zazi 80)
Subs: Hallahan, Clayton, Nchaso

YC: none

Referee: Mr. R. Watson

Attendance: 605

Our Headline Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Our Affiliates