Tamworth  v  Lowestoft Town

Sat 21 Aug - 15:00 Southern League Premier Central




Lowestoft Town

Lowestoft Town

Match Report

Tamworth welcomed The Trawlerboys to CR MOT Community Stadium at The Lamb in the third league run out of the new season.
James Godbold’s Lowestoft side arrived having not picked up a point in their opening two games, while The Lambs were out to build on their solitary comeback point, earned in midweek against Coalville Town.

With Tom Ward suspended following his double yellow at Garden Walk, and with Chris Cox, Shaquille McDonald and Orrin Pendley unavailable, Ben Hart came into the starting eleven and Lucas Yeomans made his third start for The Lambs at right back.

Rain continued to soak the town, as the game kicked off three minutes before 3pm at The Lamb catching a few people out in the clubhouse as the match got underway with Tamworth attacking the Castle End in the first half.
Kellerman took an early knock but was Ok to continue and a foul on the right set up McIntosh with a freekick which Singh caught at height, but saw him clattered too, also requiring treatment.
Beswick fed the ball through for Concannon to run on to on 11 but he was offside, and when Kellerman tried a similar thing on 12 Barbor fouled him in the process and was duly booked.
He responded superbly with a fantastic goal, right footed from the right of the box on 13 which flew into the top left corner over Tibbles and helped to lift the roof off The Lamb (1-0, 13 mins)
More attacking play involving Kellerman and Yeomans was forthcoming, as they tried to quickly hit the shellshocked visitors again.
A deep freekick forced and corner for Lowestoft on 22 and Knights headed it wide of the mark at the far post.
Creaney lifted the ball into the open space ahead of Concannon on 24 but he was forced wide and his shot rolled wide of the far post.
Kellerman tried to lob Tibbles from a similar position from which he scored, on 28, but the keeper was equal to his effort and beat the high ball away without too much trouble.
On 30, a Tamworth attack ended with a rising shot from Beswick which failed to test Tibbles, but confirmed The Lambs continuing intention of working to net a second time before the break.
And it came on 33 when Creaney picked up the ball on the edge of the area, held off his marker and rifled it past Tibbles (2-0, 33 mins)
Concannon, on the left now, cut past his marker on 38 and took aim for the target, but lifted his shot high over Tibbles and in the next move Creaney worked hard to get the ball to Kellerman who in turn fed Concannon, but the ball slipped out of play as the cross was met by the head of Waite.
Henderson forced Singh to protect his goal with a low strike from 25 yards on 40, but it was never going to trouble the keeper and he took a long range cross / shot from Murphy with ease.
Tibbles was forced to leave his area and head the ball clear from the path of Waite on 41 and more pressure through Forde and Kellerman on the right of the park kept The Lambs on top as the first half drew to a close.
And the icing on the cake came on 45 when Beswick sent a freekick from just inside his own half over the top of Tibbles and straight into the back of the net, a wonderful strike from fully 55+ yards (3-0, 45 mins).

HT 3-0

The Lambs got the game back underway, attacking the Castle End and it took only four minutes for Creaney to double his tally, with a finish past Tibbles from the left of the box into the far right. (4-0, 49 mins)
Beswick nearly connected with a Concannon centre on 51 and then at the other end, Higgs shot in a rare attack and a deflection took it back to Singh.
Concannon was felled by Barbor as he made headway into the area on 57 and Creaney completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot, calmly sending Tibbles the wrong way as he rolled the ball home (5-0, 58 mins)
Lowestoft made a trio of changes on the hour before Waite forced Tibbles into a blocking save on 63 and Reed pulled one back for the visitors on 66, finishing a right sided cross past Singh from close range. (5-1, 66 mins)
Creaney received a standing ovation for his efforts when he was replaced on 70 by Taylor, and a corner from the visitors was headed goalward by Cole before Johnson struck the bar with a shot from the edge of the area.
Taylor added to the visitor’s woes with a dinked effort past Tibbles (6-1, 76 mins) and nearly added a second on 80 but the offside flag denied his finish from Concannon’s through ball.
Hawkins headed a pin point cross over the bar with a flying header on 84 and when Concannon was upended on the edge of the area on 85 Beswick lined up the dead ball.
His freekick struck the top of the wall and so the same player took the corner on the right but it was too high for Soleman or Taylor to get their head to and and the final whistle blew on a fine home victory.

Singh, Yeomans, Wilder, Beswick, Brown, Hart (Soleman 76), Concannon, Forde, Creaney (Taylor 70), Kellerman (Thomas 58), Waite
Subs: Clements, Walters

Tibbles, Murphy, Johnson, Jarvis, Knights (Coles 60), Tann, Higgs, Babor (Ruffles 60), Reed, Henderson, McIntosh (Hawkins 60)
Subs: Burwood, Wilkinson

YC: Barbour 12

Referee: Mr. R. Eley

Attendance: 568

MOM: CR MOT Centre chose Jack Concannon

Our Headline Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Our Affiliates